Richmond/Tidewater Virtual Meeting
Topic: Recruitment in Healthcare: Partnering with Veterans to Help Our Patients
**CEU Credits Pending**
The speakers will share information about the recruitment of veterans for patient care positions within healthcare and support areas such as supply chain. Veterans are a valuable resource in the workforce coming to a company with previous experience and teamwork skills. We will have a general overview about different veteran jobs programs as well as educational opportunities which helps those in the medical field in the military transition to roles in healthcare in the private sector. Riverside Health System will also share their experience as a partner with veteran recruitment.
Participants will be able to:
- Learn how facilitating veteran hiring reduces healthcare staffing shortages and supports quality patient care.
- Understand how job skills in the military can translate into jobs outside of the military, especially in health care.
- Understand how the veteran jobs programs help employers develop and implement long-term strategies and nationally recognized best practices in recruiting, hiring, and retaining Veterans.
- Learn about the educational program from the State of Virginia focusing on veteran talent acquisition specifically for healthcare. Qualified applicants apply their extensive clinical skills and experience from the military under supervision while they obtain required civilian clinical credentials/education.
- Learn about how participating in these programs has impacted recruitment with Riverside Health System for the better.
$0.00 Free to VaSHHRA Members
$15.00 Non VaSHHRA Member Fee